270' SERVICE LIFE EXTENSION PROGRAM (SLEP) ELECTRICAL POWER GENERATION SYSTEM
|Agency:||Department of Homeland Security|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Oct 9, 2019|
|Due Date:||Nov 5, 2019|
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Part 12 and Part 15, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation. Proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.
Solicitation number 70Z02319RAVS03000 is issued as a request for proposal (RFP). The RFP format is attached to this combination synopsis/solicitation that will be used to submit proposals.
This solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2019-06, effective 10 September 2019.
This solicitation will be issued as full and open competition. The Coast Guard intends to award an Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) firm-fixed price contract for services and supply that will extend the service life of the 270' Medium Endurance Cutter (WMEC) for up to thirteen hulls by upgrading the Electrical System.
The North American Industry Classification Standard Code (NAICS) for this acquisition is 336611 with a size standard of 1250 employees. Source Selection procedures referenced in FAR 15.3, as well as the trade-off procedures referenced in FAR 15.101-1 (Trade-off Process), will apply to this acquisition. By submission of its offer, the offeror agrees to all solicitation requirements, including terms and conditions, representations and certifications.
SAM Registration: Interested parties should register in the System for Award Management (SAM). Information on SAM registration can be obtained at https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM . Contact SAM Service at 866-606-8220 for questions/problems regarding SAM registration.
NOTE: Part of this requirement is ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) controlled. See instructions at Section L for specific instructions.
Closing date and time for receipt of offers is October 25, at 11:00 A.M EST.
The purpose of this amendment is as follows: To replace Section C-1 Specification ShipService dated May 10, 2019, with Section C-1 Specification Ship Service dated September 11, 2019. All other terms and conditions remain unchanged.
(1) Correct Section C- Statement of Work, paragraph 2.5, USCG Drawings (Hull # 905-913; B-Class) reference 905-WMEC-262-001 to 905-WMEC-262-008.
(2) Correct Section J- List of Documents, Exhibits and Other Attachments; USCG Drawings (Hull #905-913; B-Class), reference J.88, 905-WMEC-262-001, Lube Oil Service System Diagram to J.88, 905-WMEC-262-008, Lube Oil Service System Diagram.
(3) Section J- List of Documents, Exhibits and Other Attachments; J.97 remove the reference 905-WMEC 310-014, EMERG DSL GEN FUEL OIL SYS DIAG and replace with the word "RESERVE".
(4) Replace the Section C and Section J documents mentioned above with their revised versions dated September 12, 2019.
(5) Add to FBO.gov the restricted file package for to access the drawings.
(6) All other terms and conditions remain unchanged.
The purpose of this amendment is as follows:
1. Change the response date from October 25, 2019 EST to November 5, 2019 EST
2. Section L. Instructions, Conditions, and Notices to Offerors: L.6 Pre-Proposal Site Visit, paragraph (a) is revised to read as follows:
(a) The USCG welcomes all interested parties to conduct an on-site visit aboard both of the designated 270' WMEC cutter classes A and B. The date and location to visit an A-Class cutter and B-Class cutter is October 17, 2019 in Portsmouth, VA, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. EST. The purpose of the site visit is to allow Offerors an opportunity to review the current configuration and general arrangements of the 270' WMEC. Attendance at the site visit is not mandatory in order to submit a proposal.
3. Section L. Instructions, Conditions, and Notices to Offerors: L.6 Pre-Proposal Site Visit, p aragraph (b), third bullet, Deadline to submit form: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 is changed to read: Deadline to submit form: Monday, October 7, 2019
4. L.7 RFP Questions and Amendments, paragraph (a), second sentence is changed from:
After the pre-proposal site visits are conducted, offerors may submit questions via email no later than 11:00 A.M. Eastern Time (ET) on Wednesday, 16 October 2019, to read:
After the pre-proposal site visits are conducted, offerors may submit questions via email no later than 11:00 A.M. Eastern Time (ET) on Wednesday, 23 October 2019.
5. L.8. Proposal Due Date: paragraph (b), Table L.6.1 Proposal Due Date: change the Required Submission Date from Thursday, 25 October 2019, to read Tuesday, 5 November 2019.
All other terms and conditions remain unchanged.
The purpose of this amendment is as follows:
1. To post the questions and answers regarding the solicitation.
2. Section C. Statement of Work, change paragraph 7.2.5 to read: Alternate Testing Certifications. The Contractor may provide any alternate testing certifications for review and consideration by the USCG. The original DHS Form 700-21 shall be forwarded to the Coast Guard KO and COR.
3. Section C. Statement of Work, change paragraph 7.2.8 to read: Acceptance - Prior to USCG acceptance of any equipment, a Corporate Officer of the Contractor, authorized to legally bind the corporation, shall complete and sign DHS Form 700-21 certifying that the equipment was manufactured, inspected, and tested in accordance with OEM specifications, standards, and drawings. A copy shall be provided to the Quality Insurance Inspector.
4. Section C-1. Technical Specification: Ship Service & Emergency Diesel Generator Sets, change paragraph 2.14 Guards and Shields, 2.14.1 to read: Suitable shielding or guards for protection of personnel shall be provided for hot surfaces and for flywheel couplings and other external moving parts. Flange shielding shall be installed on fuel and lube oil lines as well as strainers filters. Hot machinery surfaces shall be shielded or insulated so that no external surface may exceed 220°C (428°F). This is to prevent flash fires.
5. Section C-1. Technical Specification: Ship Service & Emergency Diesel Generator Sets, change paragraph 3.4. Excitation, 3.4.2 to read: The excitation system shall be fail-safe by limiting maximum generator voltage to 115% of rated voltage under any abnormal condition or failure within the excitation system.
6. Section E. Inspection and Acceptance, E.5 Material Inspection and Receiving Report, change paragraph (a) to read: At the time of each delivery of supplies or services under this contract, the contractor shall prepare and furnish to the Government a DHS Form 700-21 (see Section J for attachment), Material Inspection and Receiving Report. The receiving report must include:
7. Section E. Inspection and Acceptance, E.5 Material Inspection and Receiving Report, change paragraph (b) to read: One (1) copy of the DHS Form 700-21 shall be sent to the Contracting Officer upon shipment / delivery of any deliverable hereunder, clearly marked Information Only.
8. Section F. Deliveries or Performance, remove F.2. Clauses Incorporated In Full Text, FAR 52.216-18, FAR 52.216-19, FAR 52.216.22 and FAR 52.217-9.
9. Section F. Deliveries or Performance, renumber and rename the Table of Contents as follows: F.2. Definition of Days, F.3. Ordering Period, F.4. Delivery Schedule and F.5. Delivery.
10. Section J. List of Documents, Exhibits, and other Attachments, add J.110 DD Form 700-21.
11. Section L. Instructions, Conditions and Notices to Offerors, Section L.12 Past Performance Volume Instructions (a) Past Performance, updated (1) to read: (1) Offerors shall submit three (3) references for past or current contracts (including Federal State, and Local government and private) whose effort is/was recent and relevant to the effort required by this RFP.
12. Add DHS Form 700-21.
13. All other terms and conditions remains unchanged.
Washington, District of Columbia 20593-7828
United States Coast Guard (USCG)
2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE
Washington, District of Columbia 20593
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.