Economist - 3B (PSC)
|Agency:||Millennium Challenge Corporation|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Dec 6, 2018|
|Due Date:||Dec 17, 2018|
The RFQ is amanded to: (1) specify in the Key Requirements (Section 4, page 2) that domestic and international travel WILL be required; and (2) revise clause MCC 52.237-71, Personel Services - Total Compensation Ceiling (July 2012) on page 47 of the RFQ to reflect that the pay band is for a 3B position.
14 November 2018
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6 and Subpart 13.5, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice.
This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.
(i) The solicitation number is 95332419Q0006. This solicitation is issued as a request for quotations (RFQ).
(ii) The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-101 (effective October 26, 2018).
(iii) This solicitation is not a set aside.
(iv) Contract line item number(s) and items, quantities and units of measure are included in the solicitation.
(v) The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) requires a contractor to perform the duties of an Economist supporting the Economic Analysis (EA) Division of the Department of Policy & Evaluation (DPE).
(vi) Dates and places of delivery are included in the solicitation document. Acceptance is at the Government location and all deliveries are FOB destination.
(vii) The provision at 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors -- Commercial applies to this acquisition. Addenda are included in the solicitation.
(viii) The provision at 52.212-2, Evaluation -- Commercial Items applies to this acquisition. The following evaluation criteria are hereby included in paragraph (a) of the provision:
REQUIRED & DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Offerors must meet all the required qualifications described below by the closing date of this announcement. Desired qualifications will only be considered once all required qualifications are met. Candidates must demonstrate that they possess the following:
(a) Required Qualifications:
• Offerors must hold, at a minimum, a master's degree in economics, public policy or a closely related field that has a significant quantitative analysis component. Doctoral degree strongly preferred.
o Education may only be substituted in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications.
o Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click on the link for a list of accredited organizations recognized as specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant sub fields of development economics, statistics and econometrics
• 5 or more years of experience in applied policy analysis or equivalent thesis work
• Knowledge of growth diagnostics (constraints analysis) using the methodology of Hausmann, Rodrik and Velasco , or of micro economic topics relevant to growth diagnostics.
• Experience with data analysis, including the analysis of household and/or firm surveys
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss complex economic and policy issues orally and in writing
• Knowledge of statistical software
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, to include understanding and creating complex formulas, building graphs and charts, and manipulating large amounts of data
(b) Desired Qualifications:
• Either Ph.D. in Economics with relevant sub-specialties or 8 or more years of demonstrated experience in relevant fields of economics as applied to developing countries.
• Experience conducting growth diagnostics (constraints analysis) using the methodology of Hausmann, Rodrik and Velasco or other similar analyses
• Experience in the economic analysis of development projects in low income and/or lower middle income countries
• Publications or working papers on topics related to economic and development policy
• Experience working in developing countries
• Experience interacting with foreign governments, international donors, and other stakeholders
• Proficiency in Spanish or French (include reference to level of proficiency for reading, writing, and oral communications)
• Proficiency in STATA
NOTE: All experience must be well-documented on the résumé and within the submission. All aspects of the submission must specifically show how the candidate meets the required qualifications. Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and/or part-time work. To receive credit, submissions must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
(ix) Offerors must include a completed copy of the provision at 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications -- Commercial Items, with their offer. See Section K of the solicitation.
(x) The clause at 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions -- Commercial Items/Alternate I, applies to this acquisition. Addenda are included in the solicitation.
(xi) The clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes Or Executive Orders -- Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition. See Section I for the additional FAR clauses that are applicable to this acquisition.
(xii) The contracting officer has determined that additional terms and conditions (MCC-specific clauses) are necessary for this acquisition. However, the terms and conditions are consistent with customary commercial practices.
(xiii) Offers must be submitted via email to Mr. Albert Whitley at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Ms. Jackie Naranjo (email@example.com) by no later than 1:00 PM ET on Monday, December 17, 2018.
Questions regarding the solicitation must be submitted via email to Mr. Whitley with a copy to Ms. Jackie Naranjo (firstname.lastname@example.org) by no later than 1:00 PM ET on Monday, November 26, 2018.
(xiv) For information regarding this solicitation, please contact Mr. Albert Whitley at (202) 772-6403 or email@example.com or Ms. Jackie Naranjo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington, District of Columbia 20005
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.